I learned this simple technique from one of my past clients: Cecelia Hurwich. Thank you Cec!
1) Cut the top prickly part and the bottom stem of the artichoke off.
2) Take 3 garlic cloves and slice thinly.
3) Pull the artichoke leaves apart and push some garlic in between the leaves.
4) Pour 1 Tablespoon of good olive oil over each artichoke.
5) Pour 1/2 Tablespoon of Balsamic vinegar over each artichoke.
6) Put the artichokes in a pot with about 1 inch of water and cover.
7) Cook at high heat so that the artichokes with steam until you can easily pull out a leaf. (1/2-1 hour)
8) Enjoy with Mayo or an Aioli of your choice.