Here is a recipe from my cooking mentor Chef Denis Lambert:
And a picture of us playing around, or at least I was...
Leek and Potato Tart
1 1/4 lb butter, cut in chunks
3 1/2 cup flour
1 1/4 cup cornmeal
2 tsp salt
3 oz (about 1/3 cup) parmesan
2 tsp dried thyme leaves
6 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup half-n-half
2 cup ricotta cheese
1 2/3 lb yukon gold potatoes, sliced 1/8th" thick
1 2/3 lb leeks
1/3 bunch fresh thyme
2/3 lb swiss cheese, grated
For the Crust:
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
2. Using the Food Processor, prepare the crust by adding all ingredients (except for parmesan cheese). Process just until the mixture resembles coarse sand. Be careful not to over process as this will make the mixture difficult to spread. Reserve 3/4 cup of the mixture and set aside.
3. Spread the mixture evenly onto a 12"x18" rimmed half-sheet pan. Using an offset spatula, press down on the mixture to create a compact crust. Using the spatula, bevel the edges.
4. Pre-bake the crust in the oven for 10-15 minutes until it is a light golden color.
For the Filling:
1. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, the ricotta cheese, the half-n-half and the swiss cheese.
2. Steam the potatoes until just soft and spread evenly on the crust, overlapping the slices if necessary.
3. Saute the leeks until they are soft but not browned, then add to the egg/ricotta mixture.
4. Roughly chop the fresh thyme and add to the mixture.
Completing the tart:
1. Combine the parmesan with the reserved 3/4 cup of crust to make the topping.
2. Spread the filling evenly onto the half-sheet pan/crust. Leave a small edge of crust showing all around.
3. Sprinkle with topping and bake in pre-heated oven for 35-45 minutes, filling should have puffed up nicely and the top should be golden brown.
4. Allow the tart to rest for a few minutes then cut into 12 generous portions (3x4) or 20 smaller portions (4x5).